Fathers Day is coming!
Fathers Day is coming! and there are many ways to celebrate Father’s Day in Canada. Each family has their own way of celebrating, but some common ways include giving gifts, treating dads to a special meal, watching movies, going fishing, and going to parks or other places of interest. Additionally, Canadians would also say “Happy Father’s Day” to their fathers, grandfathers, stepfathers, fathers-in-law, foster parents, uncles, and other men who stand and act as a father figure to them.
Some people also participate in Father’s Day fun runs and other events in which the proceeds go towards charity or prostate cancer research.
Give you Dad a hug!
Prepare him a home cooked meal!
Fathers Day is coming!
Here are 10 interesting facts about Father’s Day:
1. Father’s Day originated in America and the first unofficial celebration was held in Spokane, Washington on June 19th, 1910³.
2. The concept of Father’s Day was invented by Sonora Smart Dodd from Washington. Her father raised his 6 children single-handedly after their mother died in childbirth.
3. Father’s Day takes place on the third Sunday in June every year.
4. The first modern Father’s Day was rooted in tragedy. On July 5, 1908, a small church in West Virginia held the first public event meant to specifically honor the fathers of their community. The day was held in remembrance of the 362 men who were killed the previous December in a mining explosion at the Fairmont Coal Company.
5. Roses were originally a big part of the Father’s Day celebration but the first Father’s Day included a church service where daughters would hand red roses to their fathers during the mass.
6. In 1966, President Lyndon B. Johnson proclaimed that the third Sunday in June would be officially known as Father’s Day.
7. In 1972, President Nixon made Father’s Day a national holiday.
8. There are 121 million men over the age of 15 in the United States and among them, 75 million are fathers to biological, step or adopted children.
9. Father’s Day is the fourth largest holiday for sending cards in the U.S., behind Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day and Christmas.
10. According to Hallmark, 72 million Father’s Day cards are purchased each year.
KitchenGarden4U – Other features
Consider cooking up a meal for DAD, using the original all-in-one kitchen appliance that makes accomplishing more possible.
“Hands down, it’s the Thermomix TM6. It’s the best time-saver in the kitchen. Since it pretty much does the cooking for you and helps you plan ahead, I’m able to whip up something fresh and easy for me and my daughter, yet still get through my list of things to do. Life. Changer.”Thermomix® TM6™ as the “gadget that’s changed her life – Mel Alcantara
From meal planning, to cooking, to clean up, the TM6® is the ultimate kitchen assistant that has your back! You can seamlessly create the perfect meal, every time with this all-in-one solidly built machine called Thermomix® TM6® . For more information on Thermomix TM6 check this page or you could consider starting your own ultimate side gig, healthy eating and making money with home based business based around food and eating healthy including an opportunity of getting your TM6 for free(by referring 4 others). Your choice!
We will be reviewing products and be sure I’m to check our our Product Reviews coming in the near future.
Be sure to check out our SHOP for your everyday needs.
What ever combo you choose, Enjoy! and come back to KitchenGarden4u often.
Thanks for visiting.
(Thermomix and TM6 are registerred trademarks of Vorwerk)